Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Smoking

Now I will first say at the beginning of the blog that I respect others rights to do things but where is the line.  This passed week I had an experience that made me think.  I was coming up to a traffic light and someone in a car next to me flicks out a cigarette butt that hit my car.  Now it did not do any damage to the car but made me think why is it that some people have no respect for others.

That smoker in the car next to me did not apologize nor did he care.  I have seen smokers in the past complain that they should have a right to smoke wherever.  What about my right to have clean streets and sidewalks?  What about my right for it to be smoke free around me? Granted I don't smoke but I sill feel that everyone needs to be conscious more often of how our behavior effects others.  The more we respect others the more the world will be a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment