Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Do people think?

I like to watch people when I am out and about.  One of the places where I get a chuckle from time to time is the gym.  I sometimes ask myself why would you dress like that.  Okay so maybe it is not the circus but still how people dress when the workout says something about them I think. 

I sometimes see people who are dressed in jeans and work boots and t-shirt and working out.  It is like they are at work.  Maybe they are but it would seem to me uncomfortable.  Then there are those who show up in the gym in workout shorts and t-shirt and gold chains, watches, and rings.  It is like they were out on the town.  Then there are those who show up in the matching shirt, shorts, and shoes.  There are the ones who show up in ripped shirts showing off worked out bodies.

All of these are examples of what can be found in the gym on a regular bases.  The question is why would do people wear what they wear to the gym?  For some the gym is a place to be seen.  You can see that when you watch people "working out" and talking on cell phones or carrying on lengthy conversations. 

Now this is just one place where I have observed people's behaviors.  I think that for many people whether consciously or unconsciously they sometimes forget what they are doing.  We continue to be busy people and we sometimes keep doing things without realizing what we are doing.  Think about those people who are talking on their phones and having conversations that we really don't need to be a part of. 

So bottom line what were those people thinking?


No comments:

Post a Comment