Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Winston Churchill

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. 
-- Winston Churchill --

Someone once asked me what I wanted to be remember for?  I thought and thought about it and finally said that I want to be remembered for the good I have done in the world.  Not that is not to say that would want some huge funeral when person after person gets up and talks about how wonderful I was.  Now that would be great but does that really measure a man.  Think about it when you think about someone great you talk about what they did that was good.  How much they changed people's lives for the good.

I get involved in a lot of different organizations in the community.  I don't do it so that I can get a pat on the back but to make a difference in a positive way in the world.  I may never know how I have done so as it may take time to effect but I would like to think that what I do makes a difference.  I don't know if you have ever seen the movie pass it on.  That the someone does something good for a person and the recipient then does good and on and on.  I do believe that our job in this world is continue the cycle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment