Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Old Technology

I love movies and so when I see movies for sale cheap I of course check them out.  Today I was at the store with a friend and they had a bin with movies for $5.00 each.  Well I was looking through and found first season of 21 Jump Street.

Now for those of you who are not familiar with this series it was made in the 1970s.  Johnny Depp was one of the starts and was when people started noticed him.  Now what is funny is to watch what they thought was technology.  They needed to go to a pay phone to make a call as cell phones were not around at the time.  The cars that they were thinking were the best cars.  I also was watching another movie where flip phones were the in thing for the time.

It makes me think a little bit about how technology has changed our lives.  I can remember when cell phones were a brick and there was no way that it would have fit in pocket.  There is also the technology when it comes to music.  We begin with vinyl albums and 45 LPM.  There was 8 track tapes and they were the thing and players were everywhere.  Now they don't exist well none that I have seen.  Then came cassette tapes and now you don't find them anymore.  Then there was CD's and those are still around.  What is even scarier is if you went and asked a high school kid what some of these methods of listening to music they will look at you and say never heard of it or that is old school. 

What are some of the other things has technolgy changed?


No comments:

Post a Comment