Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What can happen at the Gym

This afternoon I went to the gym for my daily workout.  Generally when I go to the gym I put my headphones on and go about my business of working out.  Occasionally I will run into a friend or two that works out there.  Needless to say nothing every happens.  Today was an exception to the rule.  I was down to my last exercise when suddenly I see a commotion a few feet away from where I was.  It turned out that a young guy I am talking about a teenager had fainted.  Then it got scary the kid stopped breathing.  The staff and others began to do compressions and mouth to mouth.  They paramedics and ambulance did get there and they did get him breathing again and I found that the kid had an enlarged heart and the doctors had never told his parents. 

I am glad the kid will be okay.  Here is the thing I was not sure what I should be doing.  There were lots of people with the kid and his mom who happened to be there.  Some people around the gym were standing around and watching everything.  Some people were continuing with their workout.  I moved a couple of pieces of equipment for them to have room to bring the equipment in.  I also watched and I also finished my workout.  So what do you think I or anyone who was not helping should have done?


No comments:

Post a Comment