Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Monday, March 15, 2010

I know who you are

I had a rather interesting experience today.  I met someone for the first time.  When I met the person they wrote me off right away.  When I asked why they were so quick to discard me they said they knew all about me.  I was taken a back of course since I had no idea who this person was.

They went on to say I was a number of things including rude.  All of which were far from who I am as a person who how I would treat people.  They would not tell me who had informed them of this nor why they believed it without getting to know me.  Now whether or not this person was the kind of person I would be friend with is irrelevant to me.

It made me think if I had ever choose not to talk to someone or give someone the time of day by what I had heard.  I believe I have not.  If I have I am sorry to those people but as far as I can remember I have not.  Now I have in the past allowed acquaintances to drift away because they were not healthy for me.  But I do believe that everyone has something to teach me and that someday I might need that person for something.  I am not one to quickly burn bridges for kick someone to the curb.  But to make snap decisions on another person I don't know is not right either.  Yes we all make them and I have also but generally the snap decisions I make are superficial meaning which drink I have will not have a long lasting effect on another individual.

It is to bad that this person can't have a mind of his own and learn to find out the truth before writing people off.

No comments:

Post a Comment