Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Oh sweet memories

Okay today the blog may be more personal that thought provoking.  I am an alumnus of a social fraternity.  I was active as an alumnus for a while and since have not really done much with the fraternity.  I do love the fraternity for what it stand and its philosophy has guided my life in different ways.

Recently I started a group on facebook for those who are alumni of the particular chapter of my fraternity.  I have posted a few pictures and have encouraged others to post some of the pictures they have.  It has been fun to go back and look through all the pictures I have of my time as an undergraduate.  I have not begun to wonder what has happened to some of the guys.  A few have found their way to the group I have establish and some have disappeared.  Some have become successful in their given carrers and others have gone after their passions. 

Some one has once said that persons come into our lives forever or for a season.  I guess my question is why do people come into our lives just for season.  I mean some of these guys I was in the fraternity with were important to me we partied together and we suffered with classes. Now I have no idea what they are doing.  What moved them from being important to a class of not being so?   Why did we drift away from each other?  I have often wondered why important relationships can change so much? 

Well it has been nice to go down memory lane and possible get to reconnect with people who helped mold me into the person I have become thus far.


No comments:

Post a Comment