Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Sunday, March 14, 2010

I'm afraid


For many people fear keeps them from doing things in their life.  So some they are afraid of heights (Acrophobia).  For some they are afraid of  spiders (Arachnophobia).  Others are afraid of being dirty (Automysophobia).  Well I can go on an on about different fears we can have.  But for some it is just feat that keeps them from being who they are.

For some they are fearful of failing in their job so they take the safe way out.  The don't try anything but the minimum that is expected from them and they stay in the same job year after year and don't grow in their career. I have know people who are not happy with their job and they complain but they choose to not do anything about our of fear of change and the unknown.

I will be honest in the past I have been fearful of different things.  Asks some of my friends and they will tell you that when it comes to going up to someone in the bar or club I have a fear.  I am honest about it in that I am fearful when it comes to doing that.  I have my reasons and if you really want to know what they are you can contact me directly and I will see about tell you about it.  But one of the side effects of being afraid of going up to someone in the club or bar is that I miss out on possibilities.   

Now to say I have a fear is not enough.  I list a few fears earlier well to get over them you have to confront the fear.  Now to do that means becoming more than who you are at this moment in time.  Yes I know I need to be telling myself the same thing.  But the point is that I become aware of what needs to be done.  I also make a change.  I see it as a growth issue.  I can stay afraid and be who I am at this moment or I can become a new and improved person. 


So what fears do you have that you need to get over?







No comments:

Post a Comment