Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

You're to old

Recently I was told by someone that people my age and older should not be on facebook, myspace, twitter, and other social network places or chats.  That they are only for young people and that is it.  At first I wanted to rip a new one for the person who said it.  Then I calmed down and figured that one day karma will come around.

So this got me thinking.  Why would anyone want to make a rule or think there should be a rule that once you get to a certain age that should be it with certain activities. What this says is that those who are older have no value in society.  I would disagree with that.  I am lucky to still have one of my grandparents left and had all of them growing up.  I can't even begin to relay all that I was able to learn from them.  I have also learned a lot from others of their generation as well.  I would say the same thing with my parents generation.  I would say I am lucky in that I am engage in conversation with just about anyone.  I have never set limits on who I would interact with or become friends with.  I would be a far poorer person I think if I had limited who I have gotten to know.

Now that is not to say I am not careful with who I talk to or what I share with others.  But I still look to learn more in the world and others have something to teach me.  I also hope I have something to teach others.  I think the saddest thing in the world is that person who limits who they interact with.  I know there are people who live in a bubble and hold the world at a distance.  Sad for them they could really be enriched. 


No comments:

Post a Comment