Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

We are a collection of dots

One of my favorite movies has a line that says that life is like a series a dots all connected. Well it may not be the exact quote but I hope you get the point. How very true is this statement. While each of us is responsible for our own happiness whether we have a significant other in our lives or not. While we may have someone in our lives it is up to us to make ourselves happy. And how happy I make me has an effect on yours and the next person's happiness. Think about it how often do you say something like, "man he/she is bring me down or making me depressed." Which brings me to what prompted this ranting today. I was watching a show on tv about the gay marriage debate back east. What was sad to see is that some of the people they showed on the show seemed to care really for themselves and did not care how happy or content others were around them. They seemed to care only that their vision of the world be put forth. How disconnected is that? While each of us supports and adds to each others happiness it does not mean that each of us has to be happy in the same way. Why can't people understand that point. Why is it that who we choose to be happy with has to matter to my next door neighbor or the guy down the street. Why can't we just let people live their lives with whoever they want. So long as people are not killing others or hurting others why does it matter who they choose as their significant other.

No comments:

Post a Comment