Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Saturday, May 22, 2010

What is a Steward?

I know it has been a long time since I posted something. This evening I was watching a Documentary on National Parks. It is interesting to hear how human beings at times have cared little for what can never been replaced. They talked about he pot hunters and others destroyed some of the history of our country. While places like Chaco Canyon have been looted it is not the only place in the world that it has happened. Look to the Middle East as well.

I have had the pleasure in my life to visit some of the National Parks in the this country. It is amazing to see the beauty and power of some the the oldest national parks. I have also seen how those who careless go and leave trash and other things behind. I think the measure of what and who we are is how we are stewards of what is around us. I have not idea what a Carrier Pigeon looks like other than a picture because others before me cared little for what they were destroying. How many time have you gone for a drive in the mountains and someone has carved initials into a tree or painted them on a rock.

Now I know I won't be around forever but I would like to think that someone somewhere would be grateful for me leaving them a place to enjoy and learn from in the future. This week I bought a new car and I actually tried to think green. It is my way of leaving things better around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment