Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Monday, May 31, 2010

Who cares about someone's personal life

It is interesting how people are so focused on gossip and other people's lives.  There are all kinds of places on the internet where you can find postings speculating who is dating who.  Or who is gay and going to come out.  My comment to that is who cares?  Who cares if some star is dating another star?  Does that effect my quality of life?  Does whether or not someone is gay going to change how I live my life? 

Truth is that a person's sexuality or dating history is their own life.  It effects how they live their life and how they interact with the world.  It guides what they do and who they hang with.  I know that in my own life there have been times when people have speculated on my life.  What ended up happening is creating a great deal of problems for me.  In the end they did not bother to say they were sorry for meddling and causing problems. 

I know for me it doesn't matter if some star is dating some other star.  I don't care if some professional athlete is going out with some model.  I don't care if some musician is gay or not.  Why do some people feel we need to know about others personal life.  We need to begin to say privacy is important and that every person has a right to live their life with some privacy.

We live in a country that says that everyone has a right to this or that.  What about the right to have privacy?


No comments:

Post a Comment