Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Change is coming

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward.

Ellen Glasgow
I have gone through a lot of change in my life.  I have changed where I live numerous times.  I would have to make a list to figure how many times I have moved for school or work.  With each move there is change.  You must adjust to new sounds in a living quarters.  I have changed jobs several times and with each new job comes new things to learn and new people to have to deal with.  I have change from single to in a relationship.  So change has happened in my life numerous times.  In the future there will be more change I am sure.

What we forget is that when we go through change we could grow or we could remain the way we are. I think what we need to take into account is how much change we are required to do and in what span of time we must do it.  I have had to do a lot of change in terms of work in short period of time and it took some adjustment.  Can I say I grew out of it?  I don't know I think the amount of growth was small.  I have found the more change we have to go through the less growth occurs.  

Now there are those out there who love to change in their lives.  They feel lost unless there is change happening all the time.  I think you will find those people to be the once who are always changing jobs or places to live.  For them change is a way of life.  Now that is not the majority of us in this world.  For the rest of us changes occur in our lives and we adapt and then down the road another change will occur. 

The biggest place that change occurs is in our work life.  This is especially true in the present economy.  Companies are downsizing and they are readjusting.  The sad thing about this kind of change few of those making those changes bother to see or understand how that changes effects those who will have to deal on the front lines of that change.  Sadly some of the most stressful change that occurs is when those decisions are made from on high and those of us on the front lines have to deal with the issues.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment