Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Saturday, February 13, 2010

What is a relationship?

 

What holds relationships together?  A simple question but still a very important question.  I know people who say a relationship is a simple thing to have.  My answer is yeah right.  If someone thinks that relationships are simple don't really know what a relationship is all about.  
I have know people who will quickly jump into a relationship.  They will say I am in love and it is meant to be.  Maybe they are right but they are also the ones who a month later are heart broken because they did not know the person.  They failed to ask the real questions and got to know the person.  Relationships don't start instantly they develop.  I don't think that people realize that.

There are also those who say well I have met my mate and I am done with it.  Reminds me of a joke that goes like this.  
A man and a woman are standing in line to get their marriage license.  The man starts laughing and tells the woman.  It is funny that they make you get a license after the hunting is done.
For some people they think that once they get married they are done when it comes to the relationship.  They think that there is nothing more to have to do.  Well that is where the problems start.  A relationship is a living thing and requires continued work and effort.  As that effort is put in the more the relationship will grow.  Doesn't matter what that relationship is whether friends or love relationship they all require effort.  When we fail to put the effort we lose out on something special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment