Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Love yourself

I was surfing around this evening and ran across a Youtube video of a Tyra Banks show.  It was about a a show about people who hate themselves.  The little bit I watched was about a young man who did not like that he was gay.  Now a lot of times when I see titles like that I was expecting the Jerry Springer type show.  And this one headed that way.

However, it changed a when he began to talk.  He proceed to talk about how he did not like that he was gay and that he would stop being gay by a certain age.  He would find a woman at that point and marry her.  Now he went on to say that he did not like woman's genitals and he was turned on by that.  It kept going and if you really want to know more of the story go look for it. 

What I found sad was that this man did not like himself.  I felt sorry for the guy in that he hatted that part of himself that he was not happy.  I hope that he can some day learn to love himself and accept himself.  If he can't come to terms with himself he will never be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment