Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The lose of life

I have been watching the news stories in the local paper of the death of a young man last month.  He was traveling from San Antonio to California.  He was moving there a very talented musician the paper says.  He had lots of hopes and dreams for his life.  He stopped at a rest area just over the New Mexico border to sleep a little before he continued his drive.  While he was at the rest stop three young men two underage came up with a rifle to rob him and they shot him 4 times.  They then took his stuff put his body in the trunk took the car out to an arroyo near by and started it on fire.

I like I said I have been following this story.  Not that I am into murders and the like. I am following it because here is a person in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I look at the pictures of the young men now in jail for the crime and ask why?  He didn't have a lot of valuables with him.  What did the really get out of killing a stranger?  I wonder how they would have felt had that been one of their family members?  I have been anger in my life at people for things they had done to me but I could never have killed them for it.  The value of a human life is beyond value.  All human life is valuable.  One of the young men had a birthday while in jail and the family of the victim reminded the paper that their son, brother, friend would not have another birthday.  It reminded me of the words from the family victim in Laramie, Wyoming, Matthew Shepherd.  While the reason both young me were killed was different they were both men with visions and dreams.  Both lives were cut short and those visions and dreams did not come true. 

So I wonder why end a life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment