Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Friday, February 12, 2010

Opening Ceremonies

 
I watched the opening ceremonies tonight with awe.  It is amazing what the human spirit can accomplish.  There was a sad event today when a young luge athletic was killed on a practice run.  While many sports have a dangerous aspect to them we sometimes never think about that.  

We think about how awesome a player can hit a ball or make a jump.  I like many appreciate that work that those athletics put in to be the very best they are.  While I think it is great what they do I also think that for some athletics money is more important than playing the game.  How many professional athletics are making more than some families will ever earn in a lifetime.  How many for them it is a business rather than spirit of the sport.

Now I am not saying that professional athletics don't deserve to be paid for what they do but how many millions does one person need?  Are those salaries and other benefits just or just out of hand.  Look at ticket prices that fans have to pay.  How realistic is it for these prices.  

Getting back to the Olympics that I started talking about at the beginning of this blog.  I would love to hear the stories of those athletics who are not professional.  I know that there are many professional athletics there but there a large number who are not and had to sacrifice lots to get there.  Those are the athletics who I get inspired by for they participate for sport and not for the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment