Upcoming Events

New Mexico Farm & Ranch Museum CAPA Show
August 19, 2010 - December 15, 2010
4100 Dripping Springs Road
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Who inspires you

As I am sitting here I am thinking of those people in my life that have influenced who I have become.  Many times we think that those influences us are always people who influence us positively.  The reality is that those who attempt to influence us in negative ways also change us. 

I know that the first people who come to mind for me are those who changed me positively.  People like my grandfather who taught me the importance of family.  Sometimes I may not always remember it but family is very important to me.  There is my uncle who taught me the love of theater and desire to write.  There is my fraternity brother who taught me the value of being honest of who I am in the world.  The list can keep going but I will not bore you with them.

Then there are those whose influence has a negative impact on our lives.  For me the biggest is someone from my former life who was a superior who was not honest with himself and was less than kind.  In effect trying to hurt my passion for life.  Gladly, once I got away from that situation I was able to keep my passion for life going and realize that I am a value.  There are other examples but I will leave it at that.

Overall I have learned to take the good with the bad and to let the bad good and grow from all my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment